Well, the offseason is over. The preseason is over. And now, the Season begins. With that, I have a few observations about what I’ve seen in the last few months. And all signs look good.
- D-West will again be an All-Star. The man shows no signs of falling off. I saw him hit 12 of 17 shots at the Hive, and most of them were of the 17-foot-assassin-variety. I was impressed. Da-da-da-da-da-da….yeah.
- The Hornets will rain 3s. Peja. Mo-Pete. Posey. Butler. Mike James. Devin Brown. Even Ju-Ju. In every preseason game CP3 has found guys open for three. And they’ve been knocking them down. Oh yeah, and don’t leave CP open, either.
- Rasual Butler. Looks. Good. Passion? Check. Purpose? Check. Pride? Check. I don’t know what went with for Mmmm-Bop last year, but the man has been a demon in the preseason. I definitely think he’s earned minutes above Devin Brown.
- The second unit. In general. Has impressed. Take a walk haters, the Hornets bench is for real. Quick memo, they flagged a bit only after Ju-Ju got injured. So here’s the real note: MJ, Butler, Ju-Ju, Posey, and Hiltonwatch make for a great second unit, and they beat on other second units all preseason.
- Random request this season: that we get Dave Chapelle down here this year like they got Ric Flair down here “woooing” with CP last year. Only it’ll be with MJ. And he’ll just say over and over “I’m Mike James Bitch,” and MJ will slap him. Then MJ will say the same thing, and Dave will slap him. It could go on for hours.
- Also, the Hornets are going to suck up every loose ball like an Oreck XL this year. Man, it’s only the preseason, but these guys were flying around for everything. They are not going to let anything go.
- Which brings me to my point. This team has had a killer instinct all preseason. We’re talking about preseason, here, man. Preseason. Preseason! (See AI news conference…) They’re 7-0. Who cares, right? But it’s not the fact that they won all of their games so in the preseason, it’s how they won them. They’ve had that killer look in their eyes all preseason, and it really shows that they have one goal and one goal only. To win the NBA championship.
82-0. You heard it here first again for the second time.